Monday, May 11, 2015

Last week of radiation and burn pictures

This is my last week of radiation.  This Friday I will have completed all 5 weeks.  Last Friday I was super itchy, dry and red.  I told Brooke that I am ready to put lotion on instead of the Radiation Rescue product that I have been using as a trial for them.  She gave me Aquaphor by Cetaphil and told me to use that and it would help hydrate my skin.  She said it is up to me if I still wanted to use the Radiation Rescue cream as well.  This weekend all I used was the Aquaphor and felt much better.  I am still super red and rashy but at least I get some relief with Aquaphor product.  Today she said my skin looked much better.

I cannot sleep on my right side because it hurts to bad.  I just hope that this week doesn't get too much worse than it is right now.  I am a little uncomfortable but I am not letting it get me down.  In fact this weekend I got so much done.  I cleaned the carpets, helped Kaci clean up the toy room for over 2 hours, cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the trailer, did mounds of wash because I had all the linens in the trailer to get done too.  I worked so hard but it is so nice to have energy again.  It was a very successful weekend.

Below my neck

My back

My armpit


I am excited for Friday and being done with my treatments.  It is going to be weird to not have anywhere to go after this.  Looking back to November when I was diagnosed, May seemed so far away and I thought it would never get here.  I am nervous to be done with the doctors appointments and treatments because it has been my life for the past 7 months.  I am sure I will get used to it really quick.  We are hoping to get our trailer up to Sourdough this weekend and start camping.  I will be super busy as life resumes that I probably won't even think about all the appointments I used to go to.  We plan on camping every weekend this summer so the weekdays after work I will have to take care of the house and laundry.  I can't wait to make memories this summer.  I sure hope everything goes well for me.

My hair is continuing to grow like crazy.  In fact you can see the brown tint on my head now.  It is so much fun watching it grow.  My eyelashes and eyebrows are completely gone but there is new growth where they used to be.  It won't be long before they are back.  I am hoping in another month or so I will have enough of a covering of hair on my head that I won't want to wear my wig any longer.  It just needs to fill in and get a little thicker and longer before I am comfortable stepping out with my wig.  

I meet with my oncologist next Monday to discuss the hormone therapy treatments.

Life is good and I can't wait to share what Jeff did for me this weekend.  He gave me the best surprise of my life.  It was a gift to celebrate the end of my treatments.  I will share it after I complete radiation on Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment