Saturday, November 8, 2014

Shopping for a wig

Today I am going to go shopping with Kaci and mom and I think Debby is going to meet up with us.  We are going to SLC to a place called Creative Wigs.  Debby out of the blue yesterday emailed Mary Nichols from Channel 2 morning news team and asked where she got her cute wigs because she always looked so cute and they looked so natural.  Mary had replied to her email within 15 minutes and told her about Creative Wigs.  Their website is great and it gives me hope.  I am a little excited to go look at them.  Once I find that perfect hair I think I will settle down a little bit.  This losing my hair has me more scared than even losing my breasts.  It's weird but my hair is my everything. 

Last night we went to Heidi and Rob Aschliman's and Heidi and I went upstairs and sat in her huge closet and tried on her wigs.  I just stared at myself over and over and even shed some tears.  I came around though and even showed Jeff and Kaci.  The last one is so cute and a little sassy but by no means not out of my league.  In fact I am going to have my hair cut similar to that when I go to Brandie on Wednesday to chop off quite a bit.  My new friend Pam who is also Megan's patient talked to me the other day and told me to go get a haircut and make it a shorter haircut so that when I do lose my hair it is not as devastating.  I will have this new do for about 6 weeks until chemo makes it fall out.  I am still debating on having it shaved off right before chemo or right after chemo to spare myself the day it starts falling out.  I almost think for me it is best to shave it off before I show signs it is coming out. 

Also today I would like to find false eyelashes to be able to wear when I lose mine to and maybe even some light colored lipstick which I have never worn before just to give me a little color.

Yesterday at work (my first day back all week).  I had wonderful conversations with Dee, Sterling, Terry and Tiffany.  Sterling agreed to let me move my office upstairs so that I don't have to deal with all the traffic downstairs as I start chemo.  I am already going to feel somewhat ugly and worn down anyway.  It would be nice to be able to "hide" upstairs and be away from most people and be close to Terry.  She is honestly my rock at work.  She has been so amazing and our friendship just got tighter.  


I posted everything that has been going on with me on Facebook yesterday and I very rarely post on Facebook.  It is amazing all the kind words that people are sharing with me.  I know that I am not going through this alone at all.  This is affecting everyone of them as well.

Here is to hoping today is a good day with my family finding me some new hair!  We are also clothes shopping for Kaci for Christmas and can finish up next week if we need to.  She is super excited.  As we are out and about I also want to start checking around for beanie hats.  Last night my friend Heidi also gave me a few of her old beanie hats that she was given while going through chemo.  I would like to see what the stores have out there as well.  I figure the beanie hats will be worn around home and possibly even to bed so I don't get so cold as we are going into winter.  I may even venture out in public with them should I see fit.  Right now my feelings are to wear my wig to work and out in public so that I don't look like a cancer patient.


I can't believe all the nice generous things people are doing for my family.  There is no way we are going to get through this without all of them.  I have great friends.

Princess Kaci!


Debby

This is the wig I chose but in a different color, I had it cut 2 times to look like my new shorter hair cut.

I may have to go back and buy this one too.  I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment